Close this search box.

3 Steps to Follow When Injured at Work

  1. Report the Injury

If you are injured at work the first thing you should do is immediately report the injury o your supervisor. This will start the process of receiving workers’ compensation. Notice may be given either written or verbally, with written notice being preferred.

  1. See a Doctor

Second, you should see a doctor as soon as possible following a workplace injury. After reporting your injury, your employer may suggest a facility to go for treatment or they may advise you to see your own doctor. Either way, it is important for you to seek medical treatment to have the injury documented. If your injury is severe enough you may decide to go to the emergency room. Whatever the situation, it will be important for your worker’s compensation claim to have medical evidence documenting the resulting impairments of your injury.

  1. Hire a Workers Compensation Attorney

Third, you should seek the advice of an experienced workers compensation attorney. Workers Compensation is a benefit provided by your employer which affords you medical treatment and lost wages. While navigating the worker’s compensation process you will encounter insurance agents, medical providers, and defense attorneys. None of these individuals have your best interest in mind. To level the playing field, you need to hire an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. This is the only way your rights and benefits will be protected throughout this process.

At the LaBovick Law Group, we provide free consultations for individuals who are injured at work. We will guide you throughout this long and confusing process, making sure to obtain the most benefits possible for you.

If your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance. Employers are generally required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. There are only a few exceptions such as employing less than 4 employees, and certain construction-type companies. If your employer does not have insurance then you will be able to bring a lawsuit against your employer for your injuries. Either way, you should seek the advice of an attorney if you have undergone a workplace injury.

Free Case Evaluation all fields required *