Meeting with your maritime lawyer is the first step in pursuing your claim. Clients often ask what to bring to this first meeting and what they need to do to prepare for it. Below is a list of how to prepare for your maritime lawyer:
- Any and all photographs of the scene of the incident;
- Any and all photographs of your injuries;
- Your cruise itinerary;
- Any and all medical bills/hospital paperwork;
- Your driver’s ID or identification card;
- Your health insurance card;
- Any and all names and numbers of witnesses to the incident;
- A list of all your treating medical providers for the incident;
- Prepare to discuss how and why the incident happened, your past medical history and your injuries from the incident; and
- Be prepared to discuss with your attorney what to expect going forward.
Dealing with the stress, unknown, and unfamiliarity of a personal injury case is not something that you have to do alone. Hiring an experienced maritime attorney to handle your case is essential. Call LaBovick Law Group today for a free consultation.