No one ever is prepared to lose a loved one. But when your family member‘s death was preventable, and/or caused by someone else’s negligence or reckless actions, you and your family may be able to get justice for your loved one. You can make the culpable party pay by pursuing a civil claim against them.
This is much different than any criminal charges they may face for causing your family member’s death. With help from an experienced Delray Beach wrongful death lawyer at LaBovick Law Group, you can do your part to make sure that the at-fault party is held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
Why Call LaBovick Law Group for Legal Help?
Selecting the right wrongful death attorney to help you get justice for your loved one can be difficult. Here are a few reasons why LaBovick Law Group is the right choice for you and your family:
- We fight to win and are prepared to do what it takes. We will fight tirelessly for your family to get justice.
- Our 30+ years of trial lawyer experience are top-rated on Google.
- When your family needs support, comfort, and protection, our Warriors for Justice will fight for your rights.
- We provide you with timely communication you can rely on.
Can LaBovick Law Group Assist With Wrongful Death Claims in Delray Beach?
One of the most common types of cases we handle in Delray Beach are wrongful death claims. LaBovick Law Group can handle all of the legal details of your case. These might include:
- Investigate the accident and gather necessary evidence
- Establish fault in your case
- Hire experts to analyze your case
- Help calculate the proper value of your claim
- Handle the insurance negotiations process on your behalf
- Protect you from being taken advantage of by insurance companies
- Represent your best interests at trial, if needed
Wrongful Death Laws Affecting Your Delray Beach Lawsuit
There are multiple wrongful death laws that will have an impact on your Delray Beach civil claim. For example, you will need to be sure that you have the authority to file the wrongful death claim. Under Florida law, only the personal representative of the decedent’s estate has the authority to file a wrongful death claim.
You will also need to be sure that you get your case filed before the statute of limitations, or time limit for filing your claim, expires. Although the personal injury statute of limitations is four years, the amount of time you have to file a civil claim is much different. Here, you will only have two years from the date of the decedent’s passing in order to get your claim filed. Once two years have passed, the statute of limitations will expire and you will no longer have the right to be awarded compensation in civil court.
You can take steps to ensure that these laws do not have an adverse effect on your case by getting help from a Delray Beach wrongful death attorney.
Call a Delray Beach Wrongful Death Attorney
When someone else is responsible for the death of your loved one, you can take action and bring them to justice. Contact a reputable Delray Beach wrongful death lawyer at LaBovick Law Group to find out what your next steps should be.
Our firm offers free, no-obligation case reviews to the families of those who have suffered fatal injuries. Take advantage of this opportunity when you complete our online contact form or give our office a call at (561) 623-3681.