Bicyclists are more susceptible to accidents in West Palm Beach and run a high risk of being severely injured when one does occur. If you were injured while riding a bicycle, you may have legal options to recover compensation from the at-fault party. Contact LaBovick Law Group online or by calling (561) 623-3681 to speak to an experienced West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer in a free consultation today.
Why Choose Our West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
- We have maintained a 98 percent case success rate and are committed to obtaining favorable outcomes for our clients.
- We have the experience and resources needed to succeed in your case.
- To help give you peace of mind, we take bicycle accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means there are no fees unless you win.
Why You Need a Lawyer After a Bicycle Accident
Bicycle accidents are typically caused by negligent drivers, but that doesn’t mean an at-fault party’s insurance company will not try to pin the blame on you. They will look for inconsistencies in your story or may try to pressure you into settling quickly for an amount far lower than your case’s actual worth. Hiring a bike accident attorney in West Palm Beach will protect your rights and ensure you recover the compensation you deserve.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
When a bicyclist is struck by any type of vehicle, even a slow-moving one, they often suffer catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Severe bone fractures
- Loss of limb
- Head or neck injury
- Serious concussion
- Disfigurement, significant scarring
- Neurological damage
All of which can result in significant medical bills and the inability to work for quite some time, if ever.
Types of Compensation Available
Bicycle accident victims have the right to pursue compensation for:
- Past and Future Medical Costs: To cover any costs related to the diagnosis, ongoing treatment, and rehabilitation of the injury.
- Past and Future Lost Wages: The amount of income you have lost and will lose in the future from being unable to work while you recover.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for the physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish caused by the accident.
Are Bicyclists Ever Responsible for an Accident?
Bicyclists can be partially or entirely at fault for an accident since they are required to follow the same traffic laws as motorists. Any negligent action on their part that contributed to the accident can reduce their ability to recover compensation—for example, riding on the sidewalk, failing to stop at stop signs or red lights, failing to yield to pedestrians, etc. Under Florida’s pure comparative fault system, each party involved in an accident can still recover compensation if they are partially responsible, but their percentage of fault will reduce their compensation. For example, if a bicyclist is awarded $100,000 and found 30 percent at fault for the accident and the driver is 70 percent, the bicyclist will recover 70 percent of their total compensation or $70,000
Speak to a West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident, we can help you hold the at-fault party accountable. Contact our office at (561) 623-3681 to schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced West Palm Beach Personal Injury Attorneys.