As a victim, you must establish the following elements of negligence to hold a property owner or manager accountable for a slip and fall:
- The property owner or manager owed you a duty of care. In other words, you were invited or legally visited their property.
- The owner or manager failed to keep their property reasonably safe by removing known hazards or ones they should have known about.
- You suffered injuries as a direct result of the owner’s negligence, and they would not have occurred otherwise.
- Your injuries lead to financial losses.
Slip and fall cases are particularly challenging to prove because most of the evidence is first-hand accounts. It is critical that you seek medical care immediately to ensure your injuries are properly documented, report the accident to the manager or property owner, take photos of the area and any unsafe conditions that led to your injuries, and if there are witnesses, ask for their contact information.
Types of Compensation Available for These Claims
There may be various types of compensation available to slip and fall accident victims in West Palm Beach. At LaBovick Law Group, we work diligently to recover both economic and non-economic losses on behalf of our clients. This can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Complete coverage of all medical bills related to the slip and fall
- Lost wages if a person cannot work while they recover
- Any property damage sustained (computer, cell phone, clothing, etc.)
- Loss of quality of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages