Why You Need A West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Attorney To Solve Your Case
Cycling accidents are typically caused by negligent drivers, but that doesn’t mean an at-fault party’s insurance company will not try to pin the blame on you.
They will look for inconsistencies in your story or may try to pressure you into settling quickly for an amount far lower than your case’s actual worth. Hiring a West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Attorney will protect your rights and ensure you recover the compensation you deserve. He will handle:
- Investigating your accident to determine fault.
- Collecting evidence such as photos or video of the crash scene, the police report, testimony from eyewitnesses, available surveillance footage, and more.
- Accurately evaluating your claim to assess its value.
- Dealing with the insurance companies on your behalf while protecting your rights.
- Ensuring you receive the proper medical treatment.
- Gathering and organizing copies of medical records and bills to prove your injuries, as well as pay stubs and/or tax returns to demonstrate lost income.
- Skillfully writing a demand letter to send the insurer requesting the amount of compensation you deserve to resolve the claim.
- All communication and negotiations with the insurer.
- Every aspect of your case, including taking it to court if necessary.
For all of these reasons and the extensive resources, West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Attorneys can provide everything that is in your best interest.
Most common Cases Faced by West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycle accidents in West Palm Beach are unthinkable. You never thought you’d be riding out of your house and something like this would happen. That’s why you must act quickly with a Personal Injury Lawyer.
Here are some of the most common causes:
- Car Accidents: Mostly occur because of inattention, mistakes or inexperience of the drivers.
- Weather Conditions: Rain, storms or hail can cause accidents due to loss of control of the vehicle.
- Excessive Speed: The driver may lose control of the car when driving at an excessive speed.
- Road Conditions: Potholes or lack of road repairs make accidents more likely to occur.
In any of these situations, the best thing to do is to have a West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Attorney on your side to help you deal with the legal process. He will take care of all the tasks and deadlines while you take care of your recovery.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
When a bicyclist is struck by any type of vehicle, even a slow-moving one, they often suffer catastrophic injuries, such as:
Traumatic Brain Injury
The primary cause of bicycle accident fatalities and long-term disabilities are traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). A TBI occurs when a sudden, violent blow or jolt to the head causes the brain to collide into the skull.
These injuries frequently happen when a bicyclist’s head hits the ground or another object on the way down. TBIs can range from mild concussions to severe trauma resulting in permanent cognitive impairment.
Head Or Neck Injury
In the accident, the bicyclist can hit their heads on the vehicle, the pavement, or another object which can cause severe lacerations and bruising. Neck pain is also a prevalent complaint.
Victims may require medical treatment if they suffer a strain or sprain of the muscles, tendons, or ligaments in the neck. The leading neck injury is whiplash, caused by the neck being quickly jerked forward and then back.
This unnatural motion can result in severe neck pain, headaches, and dizziness. Pinched nerves and herniated discs can also occur, and the pain can last for years.
Spinal Cord Injuries
The force of the whipping motion caused by a bicycle accident causes stress to the spine. Spinal cord injuries (SCIs) can result in serious and lifelong repercussions, including paralysis and death.
There are many kinds of SCIs that can occur with varying degrees of severity, but there are two basic types: complete and incomplete. With a complete SCI, the victim will have permanent neurological damage and will not have motor or sensory function below the injury site.
Victims with an incomplete SCI will have some motor or sensory function below the injury site. A severe SCI often requires surgical intervention, physical therapy, chiropractic care, and other treatment.
Severe Bone Fractures
The impact of a bicycle accident can cause severe breaks or bone fractures due to the body being thrown or hit by an object. Surgery or a cast is often required to facilitate healing. You may also require prescription medications, physical therapy, and other ongoing treatment. In severe cases, victims can suffer chronic pain and impairment.
Loss Of Limb
A catastrophic injury such as a loss of limb can occur in severe bicycle accidents, causing the victim to suffer permanent pain and disability.
Disfigurement And Significant Scarring
Lacerations, road rash, burns, and other injuries to the skin can cause lifelong or long-lasting scarring or disfigurement. Bicyclists can complete cosmetic surgery, but their physical appearance may be permanently changed.
The impact of a bicycle accident can cause internal organ damage. The cyclist may not be immediately aware of this type of injury, so it can quickly become life-threatening if not treated. Any signs of bruising or cuts on the abdomen are worth having evaluated by a medical professional.
All of these injuries can result in significant medical bills and the inability to work for quite some time, if ever. Hire West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Attorneys who can give you advice and tell you what to do step by step.
Recommendations Of Our West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer: What To Do After An Incident
No matter how careful a bicyclist is, accidents can still happen. It can be difficult to think straight in the aftermath of a collision, but the steps you take after are critical:
- Move To Safety: Immediately get off the road and move to a safe spot to avoid any oncoming traffic.
- Call 911: No matter the severity, it is always best to notify the police of an accident. Especially if you are injured, in shock, or cannot get the driver’s contact information. Emergency responders will arrive to treat those in need, and an officer will create an accident report, which will be vital to your insurance claim.
- Seek Medical Care: See a doctor as soon as possible if you are not immediately taken to the hospital, even if you feel fine. Severe injuries can have delayed symptoms, and you need medical documentation to link any potential injuries to the accident.
- Document The Scene: If you can, gather as much information from the accident scene as possible. Take photos and videos of where the collision occurred, the surrounding area, the vehicle, your bike, and injuries.
- Witnesses: Ask any witnesses for their contact information and if they will make a brief recording on your phone. Any statements will play an essential part in helping you recover compensation.
- Don’t Discuss Fault: Never admit or discuss who was at fault while at the scene of the accident, as this can negatively affect your claim.
- Contact An Experienced Lawyer: The next best thing to do is consult a West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer. He can advise you on your legal options and the best course of action.
You or someone close to you was hurt while riding a bike so you should get the success you were hoping for.