When someone else’s negligence or carelessness causes you to suffer critical injuries in a slip and fall accident, why should you be stuck with the costs? The answer is, you should not be. The person or persons who are responsible for causing your injuries should also be responsible for covering your costs and damages.
Unfortunately, that does not mean that the liable party is going to compensate you accordingly. In fact, you can expect them to do everything in their power to avoid being held financially accountable for their negligence. With an experienced attorney on your side, however, you can change that. Call a reputable Wellington slip and fall lawyer at LaBovick Law Group to get started on your case today.
When to Call LaBovick Law Group
Are you thinking about contacting a personal injury lawyer in Wellington? Here is why you should choose LaBovick Law Group:
- We fight to win.
- We are Warriors for Justice.
- We have extensive trial lawyer experience.
- We provide our clients with protection, comfort, and support during the most challenging time in their lives.
- We have recovered more than $30 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
- We have over 30 years of overall legal experience.
- We have a strong communication system in place so our clients never feel like they are kept out of the loop.
- We are top-rated on Google.
Ways LaBovick Law Group Can Assist With Your Slip and Fall Claim
It can seem as though the process for your slip and fall claim can be never ending. While you are recovering from your critical injuries, LaBovick Law Group will work tirelessly to:
- Investigate the slip and fall accident
- Establish liability
- Hire experts to analyze your slip and fall case
- Calculate the value of your premises liability lawsuit
- Handle the insurance negotiations process
- Protect you from being taken advantage of
- Represent you in court
Compensation for Victims of Slip and Falls in Wellington
After a slip and fall accident, your attorney will need to carefully review every detail of your case in order to determine who is at fault for your injuries. This is the party who will be responsible for covering your economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages have a financial value. Non-economic damages do not. Just because non-economic damages do not have a fixed monetary value does not mean that you should not be compensated for them. Some of the most common types of economic damages that you could collect include:
- Hospital bills
- Medical equipment
- Other healthcare expenses
- Costs of childcare
- Household maintenance fees
- Property damages
- Increased insurance premiums
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
Some of the more common types of non-economic damages that you could collect if you won your slip and fall accident case include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship and love
- Loss of guidance, society, and support
- Emotional distress
- Skin scarring and disfigurement
It is also possible that you could be awarded punitive damages for your suffering. These are awarded when the liable party is found to have engaged in abhorrent or reprehensible gross negligence or misconduct. Punitive damages are awarded beyond your economic and non-economic damages. While you are entitled to recover economic and non-economic damages, punitive damages are not an entitlement. They are only awarded by the court as a means of punishing the liable party.
Get Help From a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Wellington
Slip and fall accident injuries are often far more serious than many people realize. When your injuries have had a dramatic impact on your life, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
Reach out to an experienced Wellington slip and fall lawyer at LaBovick Law Group to discuss the details of your case. Schedule your free, no-obligation consultation when you complete our quick contact form or call our office at (561) 623-3681.