Close this search box.

What Should I Do if I Suspect Nursing Home Abuse?

If you suspect your loved one has been a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, you should take action immediately. First, get your family member to an outside physician or hospital to make sure they are medically stable. Once you’ve ensured your family member’s safety, report the incident to the appropriate state authorities. In Florida, nursing home abuse claims can be reported by calling DCF at 1-800-96-Abuse. You should also speak with a nursing home abuse attorney who can obtain the relevant medical records and investigate your potential claim.

Michael Brevda, Esq. is a Shareholder at Domnick, Cunningham & Whalen who works with LaBovick Law Group On nursing home abuse litigation.  Mr. Brevda focuses his practice on representing victims of nursing home neglect and medical malpractice.

Free Case Evaluation all fields required *