Tel: (561) 625-8400
Fax: (561) 369-4238
Palm Beach Gardens
5220 Hood Road, Suite 200
Palm Beach Gardens FL 33418
Peter Hunt, Esq., has been working with LaBovick LaBovick & Diaz for more than a year as a maritime attorney and personal injury lawer. He began as a legal intern and got sworn into the Florida Bar as an attorney in 2013. He is an avid networker and loves getting to know local boaters and marine professionals.
In law school, he earned several honors, including the St. Thomas University School of Law Merit Scholarship, Dean’s List, Florida Justice Association Awareness Award, Pro Bono Exceptional Service Award and the Silver Oar Award. He was also involved with the Maritime Law Society, was a volunteer for the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County and was a Florida Justice Association student member. He continues to stay involved with many of these organizations.
In 2014, he became a member of the Board of Directors for the Florida Fishing Academy, a non-profit Palm Beach County organization formed for the purpose of empowering at-risk youth with positive life skills, alternatives to destructive behavior and a sense of responsibility for shaping the world around them. Peter is also proud to be involved with the Florida Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division Law Student Mentoring Program, which assigns attorneys to mentee law students.
J.D., St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami Gardens, Florida, 2013 B.S., University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio, 2007
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Palm Beach County Justice Association – Board of Directors Member
- Florida Justice Association – Young Lawyers Board of Directors Member, Head of South Florida Young Lawyer Task Force
- American Association for Justice – Admiralty Committee Member, Young Lawyer Section Member
- Florida Bar – Admiralty Law Committee Member, Young Lawyer Section Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association – Professionalism Committee Member, PI/Wrongful Death Committee Member, Young Lawyer Section Member
Florida, 2013 U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2013 U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2014
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County volunteer
- Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League volunteer
- Masters in Trial CLE Seminar volunteer
- Florida Fishing Academy – Board of Directors Member
- Florida Bar 5th Edition Maritime Law and Practice – Personal Injury and Wrongful Death of Passengers (2017)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association’s New Attorney’s Breakfast Panelist (2015, 2016)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Litigating Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Cases – The Rules Have Changed. Things You Need to Know for Trial – “How to Handle Collateral Source Setoffs – Medicare, Medicaid, etc.” (2017)