Stuart Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Team
When motorcyclists head out on the road, they are battling a number of elements: distracted drivers, lack of visibility to four-wheeled vehicles, weather conditions, uneven pavement, road construction… the list goes on and on. But they also contend with myths and misperceptions. Many people believe bikers are reckless thrill-seekers at best and lawless threats at worst.
This could not be further from the truth: most motorcyclists are not only law-abiding, they exhibit more caution and care when on the road than those driving four-wheeled vehicles. Unfortunately, this stereotype extends to insurance companies. If you have been involved in a recent motorcycle accident, you know how difficult it can be to fight for the compensation you deserve. Get started with an online motorcycle case evaluation tool.
The motorcycle accident lawyer team of the LaBovick Law Group has decades of experience representing those in Stuart whose motorcycle crash injuries were caused by the recklessness or negligence of a third-party. We will pursue your case tirelessly, ensuring that your rights are protected – and that you are properly compensated for your injuries.
The Impact of Motorcycle Crash Injuries
If you are “lucky,” injuries are relatively minor. Many motorcyclists suffer from road rash: cuts, bruises, and abrasions caused by pavement, dirt, and debris. Other injuries include:
- Broken Bones. Striking the ground and/or other objects (e.g., vehicles, signs, curbs, etc.) can cause multiple fractures.
- Amputation. If a limb is damaged or crushed beyond repair, amputation may be necessary.
- Traumatic Brain Injury. In Florida, bikers over the age of 21 who carry at least $10,000 in bodily injury insurance. Those not wearing a DOT-approved helmet are at a much higher risk of suffering from TBI. Impairments can be significant and life-altering.
- Spinal Cord Injury. This can result in partial or full paralysis or death.
- Death. In hundreds of instances, the injuries suffered are so severe they result in death.
Florida leads the country in the number of motorcycle crash fatalities; while motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles in the state, they account for 20 percent of crash fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015, 606 people were killed and more than 9,000 were injured.
According to AAA, about 40 percent of those who suffered fatal injuries were not wearing helmets. Your safety is the top priority; wear a DOT-approved helmet to protect yourself in Stuart and around the state.
Injuries can result in extensive medical bills and continuing care costs, loss of income, chronic pain, mental impairment, PTSD, depression, diminished quality of life, and more. In terms of financial costs alone, the impact of motorcycle crash injuries can be difficult, or even impossible, to shoulder.
Protect Your Rights: Contact a Stuart Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you’re in the Stuart area and you have been in a recent motorcycle accident, take these steps to protect your health, finances, and rights:
- Seek medical help as soon as possible. If you feel “fine” after an accident, it may be the adrenaline talking. Internal damage, for example, may not be apparent immediately.
- Contact law enforcement to report the accident.
- If you are able to, gather information about the scene. Take pictures or video of the surroundings (your bike, other vehicles, position on the road, etc.). Request that witnesses provide their names and contact information to you.
- Do not admit fault or apologize. Even if this is an automatic reaction, it is best to say nothing. Apologies can negatively impact your ability to prove fault and take legal action against a third-party. These words can be used against you.
- Consult with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. Trying to deal with insurance companies – which, at best, may offer you a low-ball settlement – on top of your injuries is challenging. Our team can help you navigate the legal complexities and give you the best chance of recouping compensation. This is a burden we can take off your shoulders. Focusing on healing and recovery is difficult enough.
How Can We Help?
The Stuart motorcycle accident attorneys at the LaBovick Law Group will assess your case and help determine if a third-party was at fault for your injuries. If so, we will proceed by developing a well-researched, compelling case for compensation. This includes speaking to witnesses, investigating the scene of the accident, negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf, and if necessary, litigating the matter in court.
During this difficult time, you need an advocate on your side. Take advantage of our experience and expertise. Contact us for a free motorcycle accident case consultation today.