Lake Worth Motorcycle Crash Lawyers
Poor road conditions, rain, wind, distracted drivers, lack of visibility – or attention – from drivers of four-wheeled vehicles… the list of challenges motorcyclists face each time they venture out on the road is long. While many people still hold on to the stereotype of bikers as reckless thrill-seekers, the reality is that most exercise extreme caution – and most motorcycle crash incidents are the result of third-party negligence.
If you have suffered motorcycle accident injuries, contact the Lake Worth motorcycle crash attorneys of the LaBovick Law Group immediately. Not only are you contending with physical pain, but the financial impact of a collision can have an equally significant impact on your life. We have been representing victims for over 25 years, helping injured motorcyclists recover the compensation to which they are entitled.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Lake Worth and Beyond
Motorcyclists are at a higher risk for sustaining significant injuries because of the lack of structural support. Among these:
- Road Rash. While less severe than others on this list, road rash is painful. With second and third degree abrasions, there is also the risk of infection, scarring, and permanent damage to the area.
- Broken Bones. Fractures are the most common motorcycle accident injuries.
- Amputation. In some cases, limbs are too severely damaged to be saved.
- Concussion. Long-term effects are possible, including persistent dizziness, nausea, headache, tinnitus, and lethargy.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. These can result in partial or full paralysis or death.
- Traumatic Brain Injury. These vary in severity, but TBIs can have a significant, life-altering impact and result in significant impairment.
- Internal Damage. Blunt trauma can cause internal bleeding and damage to the spleen, liver, and other organs.
- Death. Florida has the unfortunate distinction of leading the country in the number of motorcycle crash fatalities. These accidents account for nearly 20 percent of all of the state’s motor vehicle deaths, and hundreds of people die each year. Motorcyclists are approximately 27 times more likely to die in a crash than a driver of a four-wheeled vehicle.
Despite stereotypes to the contrary, most motorcycle-related accidents are caused by the negligence of another motor vehicle operator. Typical scenarios include:
- Failure to see a motorcyclist.
- Failing to yield.
- Driving under the influence.
- Distracted driving.
- Not leaving sufficient stopping distance between their vehicle and a motorcycle.
When you are involved in a motorcycle accident, the most immediate thought is your physical health and wellbeing. But soon, other concerns make themselves heard. You are struggling with mounting medical expenses, medications and therapies. You may not be able to work or to earn as much as you did pre-accident. Bills may be piling up.
Motorcycle Crash Attorneys You Can Trust
This is worry that you do not need on top of your physical injuries. The LaBovick Law Group team is here to help guide you through the legal process. To reduce your stress, we offer a free initial consultation to go over the details of your case and will represent you on a contingency basis. Our fees are paid through the terms of your settlement, not out of your own pocket.
If your accident was the result of negligence or recklessness, we will:
- Investigate and gather evidence. This includes obtaining and reviewing police reports, footage from traffic cameras, witness statements, and more. If you are able to after your accident, take photographs and/or video of the scene and request that witnesses provide their name and contact information. This will aid in developing a compelling case for compensation.
- Review your medical records. This will help prove that your injuries are the result of the accident.
- Communicate with the insurance companies on your behalf. Insurance companies want to minimize any payout. This is why they will often offer a low settlement initially. Often, though, your injuries far exceed the monetary value of this settlement. We will negotiate with these entities. If necessary, we are prepared to take your case to court to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
The LaBovick Law Group has the experience you need during this difficult time. You do not have to go it alone, nor should you. If you have been in a motorcycle crash, take the steps necessary to protect your rights. The first one is contacting our team for a consultation.