Boca Raton Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The Sunshine State has a darker side: Florida leads the country in the number of motorcycle accidents and fatalities. Not only are there nearly 600,000 registered motorcycles in the state, Florida is a prime destination for bikers from around the country. Year-round events, such as Daytona Bike Week, draw hundreds of thousands of people to our sunny locale. This increases congestion – and the possibility of accidents.
Add to this the usual mix – weather, road conditions, inattentive and/or distracted drivers – and riders find themselves at heightened risk for motorcycle injury. The vast majority of bikers operate with extreme caution; many people do not realize that these accidents are most commonly the result of negligence or recklessness on the part of drivers of four-wheeled vehicles.
If you have been injured, contact a LaBovick Law Group Boca Raton motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. We will help you pursue a claim for the compensation you deserve. Get started with an online motorcycle case evaluation tool.
Legal Complexities: We’ll Help You Navigate The Maze
If you have suffered a motorcycle injury, you must demonstrate that the other party was negligent. This can be complex, as the following elements must be proven:
- Duty of Care. Motorists have an obligation to practice safe driving and not cause harm to others on the road.
- Breach. If a motorists has a duty of care and causes an accident, they are in breach. That is, they have violated that duty.
- Causation. This refers to the act of causing an accident that resulted in harm/injury. But for this action (speeding, failing to yield, etc.), the injury would not have occurred.
- Damages. You must prove that an injury and/or damage occurred.
There is another complicating factor: comparative negligence. In Florida, the law determines the fault of all parties. This may be none, a percentage, or all of the fault. Let’s say you were stopped at a red light, and a car rear-ends you. Assuming you were following all applicable traffic laws, you bear none of the fault. It is 100% due to the negligence of the other driver.
But now imagine that you are lane splitting; that is, you are weaving in and out of lanes of traffic. A car changes lanes and collides with you. Lane splitting is illegal in Florida. Your actions contributed to the accident. A court may decide that you are 40 percent at fault, for example, and the other driver is 60 percent at fault. If the total settlement was $200,000, you would receive 60 percent, or $120,000.
When you are struggling with injuries, the last burden you need to add is gathering evidence to prove negligence – or attempting to haggle with insurance companies. LaBovick Law Group has decades of experience representing injured clients, negotiating aggressively with insurance companies, and pursuing compensation through every appropriate legal channel.
How a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help
In the immediate aftermath of an accident, your first priority is your physical health and well being. But other worries soon become pressing: you may not be able to work or to earn as much as you did before the accident. You may need continuing medical care, medications, and therapies. You may not be able to pay the bills or make ends meet.
This is why we are here. Our team will conduct a free initial consultation to look at the facts of your case. When we represent a client who has suffered a motorcycle injury, we do so on a contingency basis. Our fees never come out of your pocket. As we pursue your case, we will:
- Obtain and review evidence. From reviewing police and medical reports to scouring traffic camera footage to conducting accident reconstruction, we are here to help you prove the elements of negligence and that your injuries are a direct result of the accident.
- Interview witnesses. If there are witnesses to the accident, we will obtain any useful information they have to offer.
- Take on the insurance companies. Their goal is to maximize profits – and minimize your payout. We will negotiate with them to ensure you receive fair and appropriate compensation for your injuries.
Note: if you interact with the insurance company, please consult a motorcycle accident attorney before accepting any settlement. Often, these offers are low – and they may not even cover the costs if you require ongoing medical care.
- Litigate your case in court. Most cases can be settled out of court. If necessary, however, we are fully prepared to take your case before a judge so you have the best chances of a successful outcome.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact LaBovick Law Group for a consultation. Protecting your legal rights is your top priority – and ours.